MPMA's Educational Opportunities Foundation Awards $28,000
Monday, March 20, 2017
The Minnesota Precision Manufacturing Association’s (MPMA) Educational Opportunities Foundation recently approved funding that will address the shortage of people entering the manufacturing field by supporting students, school technical programs, and educational institutions.
The following programs will receive funding from the MPMA:
- SkillsUSA – $12,000 - which will be awarded to individual recipients.
- South Central College–Faribault campus - $2,500 for machining and welding scholarships.
- South Central College–North Mankato campus - $2,500 for machining scholarship and $1,500 in emergency needs funding.
- Westonka School District - $3,000 in equipment funding to support the Engineering and Fabrication Lab.
- Apollo High School - $2,500 in equipment funding to support high school’s manufacturing program.
- Dunwoody College of Technology - $2,500 for manufacturing scholarships; and $1,500 in emergency needs funding.
With their generous donations to the Educational Opportunities Foundation, members of the MPMA are having a direct impact on the future of precision manufacturing in the state of Minnesota.
The MPMA Educational Opportunities Foundation is a 501c3 charitable nonprofit. Donations are tax-deductible. To learn more about how to donate to the Foundation, call 952-564-3041.