This MPMA committee is responsible for:
- Monitoring legislative activities that impact members
- Notifying members through legislative updates in the e-newsletter and via email
Members of this committee are involved with the Manufacturing Coalition, the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce, the National Tooling and Machining Association/Precision Metalforming Association (NTMA/PMA) “One Voice” initiative, and other grassroots lobbying opportunities.
MPMA members are encouraged to get involved in issue that are important to their businesses and the manufacturing industry as a whole.
How to Reach Out to Your Elected Representatives
- Find out who represents you and/or your company. Type your home or business address into www.gis.leg.mn/iMaps/districts/. Visit your representatives’ web page to view their phone and email address to contact them directly and sign up for their email updates.
- Ask your legislator when he or she plans to hold a Town Hall meeting near you. Plan to attend to meet him or her in person.
- Subscribe to and respond to action alerts from the Minnesota Chamber, MPMA, One Voice (collaborative effort of NTMA and PMA), and other advocacy groups working on your behalf.
- Do your homework; view voting records for members of the Minnesota Legislature at https://www.mnchamber.com/voting-record and members of Congress at http://www.metalworkingadvocate.org/resources
- Reach out to your legislators directly by phone or email to inform them how a certain piece of legislation would help or hurt your business.
- Write a letter to the editor supporting or opposing a particular issue and share it with your legislators.
- Offer to host one or more of your legislators on a tour of your shop.
> Click here for the printed handout.