The MPMA's Government Relations Committee is responsible for:
- Monitoring legislative activities that impact members
- Notifying members through legislative updates in the e-newsletter and via email
Members of this committee are involved with the Manufacturing Coalition, the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce, the National Tooling and Machining Association/Precision Metalforming Association (NTMA/PMA) “One Voice” initiative, and other grassroots lobbying opportunities.
MPMA members are encouraged to get involved in issue that are important to their businesses and the manufacturing industry as a whole.
How to Reach Your Elected Representatives
- Find out who represents you and/or your company. Type your home or business address here. Visit your representatives’ web page to view their phone and email address to contact them directly and sign up for their email updates.
- Ask your legislator when he or she plans to hold a Town Hall meeting near you. Plan to attend to meet him or her in person.
- Subscribe to and respond to action alerts from the Minnesota Chamber, MPMA, One Voice (collaborative effort of NTMA and PMA), and other advocacy groups working on your behalf.
- Do your homework; view voting records for members of the Minnesota Legislature here and members of Congress here.
- Reach out to your legislators directly by phone or email to inform them how a certain piece of legislation would help or hurt your business.
- Write a letter to the editor supporting or opposing a particular issue and share it with your legislators.
- Offer to host one or more of your legislators on a tour of your shop.
> Click here for the printed handout.