It’s now fast and easy to automate machine tending (the loading and unloading of machine tools) with industrial robotics. This seminar will answer important questions and address key concerns about bringing robotics onto the manufacturing floor. You will come away from this seminar better equipped to bring robotics into your business! It is ideal for anyone in manufacturing – from owners, managers, and leaders, to manufacturing/operations managers, machinists, engineers, and students.
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
9:00 am - 1:30 pm
Dunwoody College of Technology
818 Dunwoody Blvd.
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
At the seminar, you will learn:
How Can Robotics Help My Business?
- They unlock increases in throughput without adding more machines and staff
- Your skilled operators and machinists can be reallocated to higher-value work
- Robotics help lower part cost by reducing labor cost per part
Perceived Barriers – How to Overcome!
- I don’t have an Automation Engineer on staff
- My process has too many manual steps
- It’s too expensive
How are Robotics Implemented?
- Breakdown the manufacturing process
- Plan for Machine Safety
- Design the robot cell
- Integrate the robot cell with your machine tool
- Commission the system
- Remote support
You will come away from this seminar better equipped to bring robotics into your business! This seminar is ideal for anyone in manufacturing – from machining and manufacturing business owners and leaders, to manufacturing/operations managers, machinists, automation/manufacturing engineers, and students.
CLICK HERE for a registration flyer.
- 8:30 a.m. registration
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Seminar (Part 1)
- 11:00 – 11:30 a.m. Lunch
- 11:30 a.m.– 1:30 p.m. Seminar (Part 2)
- 1:30 - 2:15 p.m. Optional Tour of Dunwoody Robotics & Manufacturing (includes demo of robot snow plows)
- Universal Robots Machine Tending System.
- Dunwoody's robotic snow plows will be on display for attendees to see. At least one robot will be doing demos during breaks or after the last seminar.
- A tour of Dunwoody's Robotics & Manufacturing Department will be available at 1:30 p.m.
- $100 members and nonmembers
- $25 Students
- Park in main lot
- Check in at security desk to receive an escort to the event