As a business owner, you have likely spent your entire life attempting to build value in your company. However, you may not have been focusing on the “softer side” of your future sale or transition. This workshop-style format will walk you through considering some of these potential roadblocks and preventing “the softer side” of selling your company. You will walk away from this workshop with a roadmap that can help to guide you through these uncharted waters. This presentation is not just for owners, it is also designed for family members and company management.
Key workshop objectives:
- Walk through a, proven, transformational process that will help you to identify the seven P’s of navigating critical changes in life.
- Learn from real life stories - both good and not-so-good outcomes.
- Work with and learn from other business owners, as they navigate similar journeys.
- Walk away with a road map that will help you to navigate these uncharted waters and move forward in life without regret, after the transaction.
Did you know?
- 36% of all transactions fail, because of rising emotions and unmet value expectations during the sale.
- 70 - 80% of all post transaction integrations fail due to cultural and go-to-market integration strategies. How can you plan ahead to avoid the “soft stuff” from impacting your sale?
- 46% of all transactions include some sort of an earnout. How do you prepare yourself for “after the sale”?
- A majority business owners do not have a plan for what they do, once they exit their business, leading to lack of purpose and vision for the next stage of their lives.
- MPMA Members $45
- Additional member employees/family members: $22
- Nonmembers: $60
- Additional nonmember employees/family members: $30
Michelle Bonahoom, Vision One: As the founder of VisionOne, she is passionate about working with mid‐market business owners to increase their value, in preparation for sale, strategic acquisitions, and transferring to the next generation of leadership. Over the past 20 years, Michelle has accumulated diverse experience as a business owner, private investor, consultant, and advocate for mid‐market companies.
Rob Gales, Vercor: As the Managing Director of VERCOR, a leading middle markets mergers and acquisitions advisory boutique, Rob serves business owners who are interested in selling all or part of their business, managing the entire process of assessing the market value of the company, pre-sale planning, marketing, and negotiations. Rob has a 35-year career in capital markets, including senior partner roles in several equity capital market investment banks.
David Levi, CBIZ MHM, Inc.: With 30 years of experiencing in tax, personal, and business planning, David specializes in business consulting, estate planning and wealth transfer and financial planning and analysis. He is a graduate of the University of Iowa with a Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE FLYER
Thursday, May 16
11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
rms Company, 8600 Evergreen Blvd., Coon Rapids
11:00 – 11:30 a.m.: Introductions and Lunch
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Presentation and Panel
1:00 – 1:30 p.m.: Q & A