Overcoming EDM Challenges and Cost with Reciprocating Wire EDM
Presenter: Clay Olson, EDM Tech Center Inc.
DATE: Thursday March 26, 2020
TIME: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- 11:00 -11:30 a.m.: Registration
- 11:30 a.m.: Lunch
- Noon – 1:00 p.m.: Presentation
- 1:15 p.m.: EDM Tech Center Tour
COST: $25 member/$35 nonmember
EDM Tech Center, Inc., 8479 Xerxes Ave. North, Brooklyn Park, MN 55444
Advancements in new reciprocating moly wire EDM machines are changing the way companies take on EDM projects. The new SSG reciprocating EDM machines make high consumable costs, wire breaks, and slow cutting a thing of the past for wire EDM projects.
Learn all about the advantages and draw backs of this exciting new wire EDM process and what applications it’s best suited for.
- SSG Wire EDM overview, how it works, and live demonstration.
- Application scenarios and case studies on where the technology is best used.
- Pros and cons when compared to traditional brass wire EDM.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Clay Olson has 12 years of hands-on EDM experience performing test cuts, customer demonstrations, installations, and engineering solutions to precision manufacturers. Clay is proficient in CNC programming, 3D printing, laser part marking, EDM drilling, WEDM, and demonstrating many highly technical products. When he was 26 years old, Clay headed up a project to put an automated cell of 3 Fanuc WEDM machines with a Fanuc Robot into a leading medical job shop. This was a million-dollar investment and this cell was featured in the Spring 2018 issue of EDM Today magazine. Currently Clay is working on the new recirculating Moly WEDM technology that is geared towards removing 3D metal printed parts from their build plates and has had great success working with OEM 3D metal machine manufacturers.
TOUR OF EDM TECH CENTER
EDM Tech Center is a Minnesota company that was founded in 1994 with a primary focus on providing electrical discharge machine (EDM) machinery, technical support, and EDM consumable supplies to precision manufacturers.
After the program, there is an optional tour of EDM Tech Center.
- Tour participants are subject to review and approval by host company.
- Please note: Site/tour hosts, are given the opportunity by the MPMA to review the final attendance list and approve.