MPMA Members Earn PIPELINE Dual-Training Grants
Monday, July 2, 2018
Forty-one Minnesota companies – including many MPMA members - will share more than $2.1 million in state funding to begin employment-based dual-training for 482 current and new employees as part of the Minnesota PIPELINE Program.
The Dual Training Grants legislation, signed into law in 2015 by Gov. Mark Dayton, was created to give employee-students the opportunity to earn while they learn, while at the same time helping businesses meet workforce needs. Four industries with in-demand, high-growth occupations are eligible to receive grants: advanced manufacturing, health care services, information technology and agriculture.
"Whether it's a certificate or degree, completing some level of a post-secondary education will help an employee be successful at their current job and into the future," said Commissioner Larry Pogemiller, Minnesota Office of Higher Education. "This program provides the added advantage of providing participants with a paycheck while they learn."
Twenty-six of the new grants are being awarded to companies located in Greater Minnesota, with 15 in the metro area. Thirty-one of the grants are in advanced manufacturing, one in agriculture, two in health care and eight in information technology. One of the grantees has a grant in both advanced manufacturing and in agriculture. Employees will earn a wide variety of certifications and degrees as part of this program that will help improve their skills and advance their careers.
The Minnesota Office of Higher Education administers the Dual Training Grants, in collaboration with the Minnesota PIPELINE Program at the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry (DLI). Grant funds can be used to cover students'/employees' tuition, fees and required materials for the related instruction training in PIPELINE Program occupations.
"By combining on-the-job training with classroom learning, the PIPELINE Program helps employers develop their workforce," said DLI Commissioner Ken Peterson. "Apprenticeships and dual-training continue to be great ways to meet workforce needs and have recently seen tremendous growth in the United States. We are excited to continue to support them in Minnesota with this sixth round of grants."
Grants are being awarded to the following Minnesota organizations.
- Ajax Metal Forming Solutions, LLC , Fridley -- Hennepin Technical College and Minneapolis Community and Technical College
- Alliance Machine, Inc., Elk River -- Tooling U
- Alomere Health, Alexandria -- Central Lakes College
- Art Unlimited, Angora -- Rasmussen
- AWT Labels and Packaging, Minneapolis -- Flexographic Tech
- Bedford Industries, Worthington -- Minnesota West Community and Technical College
- Beltmann Relocation Group, Roseville -- New Horizons
- Citon Computer Corporation, Duluth -- Lake Superior College
- Condux International, Mankato -- South Central College
- Cybex International, Owatonna -- South Central College
- Daikin Applied, Faribault -- South Central College
- Decopac, Inc., Anoka -- Hennepin Technical College
- Design Ready Controls, Brooklyn Park -- Hennepin Technical College, Minnesota State University -- Mankato, Bemidji State University
- DeZURIK, Inc., Sartell -- St. Cloud Technical and Community College
- Dotson Iron Castings, Mankato -- South Central College
- Dynamic Group, Ramsey -- Dunwoody College of Technology, Hennepin Technical College, Anoka Technical College
- Fairview Health Services, St. Paul -- Knowledge Peak, Intertech, Help Desk Institute, Pink Elephant, Global Knowledge, New Horizons, ISACA
- Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare, St. Paul -- University of Minnesota -- Twin Cities
- Goodwill Industries, Inc., St. Paul -- New Horizons
- Greater Bemidji, Bemidji -- The Idea Circle/Minnesota Innovation Initiative
- Intercultural Mutual Assistance Association, Rochester -- Rochester Community and Technical College
- IPS Cranes, St. Paul -- University of Minnesota -- Twin Cities
- JBS, Worthington -- Minnesota West Community and Technical College
- Jones Metal Inc., Mankato -- South Central College
- K&G Manufacturing, Faribault -- South Central College
- Lofton Label, Inver Grove Heights -- Flexographic Tech
- Manufacturing Partners Inc., Becker -- Tooling U
- Marvin Windows and Doors, Warroad -- The Idea Circle/Minnesota Innovation Initiative
- McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing LLC, Dodge Center -- Riverland Community College
- New Bedford Technology, LLC, Worthington -- Minnesota West Community and Technical College
- Pequot Tool and Manufacturing Inc., Pequot Lakes -- PTM Incumbent Worker Training
- Sage Glass, Faribault -- South Central College
- SAPPI Cloquet LLC, Cloquet -- Lake Superior College
- Seneca Foods Corporation, LeSeuer -- South Central College
- SFC Global Supply Chain, Marshall -- Minnesota West Community and Technical College
- Thomson Reuters, Eagan -- Creating IT Futures Foundation
- Ultra Machining Company, Monticello -- St. Cloud Technical College and Hennepin Technical College
- UMA Precision Machining, Zimmerman -- Anoka Ramsey Community College, Hawk Ridge Systems
- Vital Images, Inc., Minnetonka -- New Horizons
- Yeager Machine Inc., Norwood Young America -- Ridgewater Community College
- Zero Zone, Ramsey -- Anoka Technical College
For more information about Dual Training Grants, contact Sandy Connolly at 651-259-3902 or email@example.com.