UMC Awards Annual Scholarships
Wednesday, July 10, 2019
Ultra Machining Company (UMC) has announced the recipients of the 2019 UMC Scholarship Awards.
UMC awarded 11, $500 scholarships, to children or grandchildren, age 24 and under, of an active regular or part-time UMC employee. Scholarship recipients were selected based on academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, and a statement of goals and aspirations.
“Whether your child chooses to attend a technical school or college, the cost of education after high school is an added burden on any family’s budget,” said Dick Salonek, Director of Finance at UMC. “The annual scholarship program is not only a great employee benefit, but it’s also one of the ways UMC invests in our community and future generations.”
- Ally Pachan, daughter of Ron Pachan, Minnesota State University, Mankato, Law Enforcement
- Amber Norman, daughter of Stacy Norman, Minnesota State University, Mankato, Nursing
- Austin Henry, grandson of David Darsow, Gustavus Adolphus, Architecture & Engineering
- Ben Book, son of Cindy Book, North Dakota State University, Mechanical Engineering
- Emily Barthel, daughter of Tony Barthel, Bethany Lutheran College, Elementary Education & Special Education
- Hannah Lovold, daughter of Curt Lovold, St. Cloud State University, Elementary Education
- Jonny Book, son of Cindy Book, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Aerospace Engineering
- Keyshawn Cremers, son of Brad Cremers, Bemidji State University, Environmental Science
- Max Diaz-Villasenor, son of Maximino Diaz, St. Cloud Technical & Community College, CNC Advance Machining
- Paige Grandia, daughter of Mike Grandia, Anoka Ramsey Community College, Elementary Education
- Madeline Coyle, daughter of Todd Coyle, Viterbo University, Nursing