Serving Students and Schools
The Minnesota Precision Manufacturing Association's Education Foundation was formed to address the shortage of people entering the manufacturing field by supporting students, school technical programs, and educational institutions.
- The Foundation awards scholarships in amounts ranging from $500 - $1,000 to help motivated students with an interest in manufacturing get the training they need to become successful in the field.
- We also support the institutions that are responsible for training our students. The Foundation donates money to schools to help them finance the purchase of much-needed new equipment and software. Providing them with the necessary tools for properly educating our youth ensures that new employees are ready and prepared for their careers in manufacturing.
2019 - 2020 Pledge Drive
A pledge drive is underway to benefit the MPMA Education Foundation, which has a direct impact on workforce development in the manufacturing industry.
Your contribution will fund:
- Scholarships to Minnesota students pursuing careers in manufacturing.
- Funding for Minnesota educational institutions so that students have state-of-the-art equipment and software.
- Continuing donation to Minnesota State’s Workforce Development Scholarship Program.
The pledge drive will conclude at the 44th Annual Golden Gloves Banquet & Boxing Exhibition on Tuesday, January 21.
Thank you to our 2019-20 Donors (updated weekly):
- Colburn Manufacturing and the Larson Family
- Production Engineering Corporation and the Albers Family
- Lake Engineering and the Magnuson Famiily
- Tom and Silvia Chacon
- John Madsen, president of the MPMA Education Foundation
- Imagineering Machine
- Cincinnati Tool
Apply for Education Foundation Scholarships
Each spring, the MPMA's Education Foundation offers scholarships in amounts ranging from $500 - $1,000 to help motivated students (of any age) with an interest in manufacturing get the training they need to become successful in the field.
» Learn more about the MPMA scholarship application process
» Fill out the MPMA Scholarship Application Online
» Download a PDF of the MPMA Scholarship Application
Last year, $15,000 worth of scholarships were awarded to 21 students enrolled in manufacturing programs at Alexandria Technical & Community College, Bemidji State University, Dunwoody College of Technology, Hennepin Technical College, North Dakota State College of Science, Pine City Technical and Community College, Ridgewater College, and South Central College.
$30,000 Donated to Minnesota State Scholarship Program
The Minnesota Precision Manufacturing Association's Education Foundation is supporting Minnesota State with a contribution of $30,000 for scholarships that are offered to new students entering advanced manufacturing programs at Minnesota State colleges.
The contribution supplements scholarships offered to students entering advanced manufacturing programs that are being offered under the Workforce Development Scholarship program.
Workforce Development Scholarships are available to new students enrolling at any Minnesota State college in associate degree, diploma, or certificate programs that prepare graduates for careers in high demand sectors including advanced manufacturing, agriculture, health care services, and information technology.
Annual Shoot for Scholarships Event Benefits Education Foundation
Each September, MPMA members come together for the MPMA Education
Foundation's Annual Shoot for Scholarships program at the Minnesota
Horse and Hunt Club in Prior Lake.
your co-workers, friends, colleagues, and customers for an afternoon of
shooting sporting clays while raising money for the MPMA’s Education
Foundation. Cost is $150 per person, or, $850 for a group of 5, plus
station sponsorship. This includes sporting clays at 18 stations. Bring
your own guns/shells/hearing protection, or rent/purchase them from the
club at $15 per gun, $8.50 per 25 shells, and 50 cents for earplugs.
There are also a variety of sponsorship opportunities including:
Station Sponsor, Gun Board Sponsor, Shell Sponsor, On-Course Beverage
Sponsor, Cocktail Sponsor, and Lunch Sponsor.
Watch for more details in the "Events" section on this website.
Donate to MPMA Education Foundation - a 501(c)3
Donating to the Foundation helps ensure a strong and viable workforce for the future. Your support has a direct impact on the future of precision manufacturing in the state of Minnesota. The Foundation is a 501(c)3 private foundation. Donations may be tax deductible. Consult your tax advisor. Our Federal Tax ID number is 41-1889792.
To learn more about how you can donate to the Foundation, please call us at 952.564.3041.
> Make a Donation to the Education Foundation (PDF)
MPMA Education Foundation Board of Directors
- President: John Madsen, Black Line Group
- Vice President: Mike McGee, retired educator
- Secretary/Treasurer: Laurent Deconinck, Machining Technology
- Tom Chacon, S & T Chacon
- E.J. Daigle, Dunwoody College of Technology
- Barb Dorumsgaard, NTM Inc.
- Eric Hawkinson, CBIZ MHM, Inc.
- Mark Paetznick, Fidelity Bank Equipment Finance
- Jesse Schelitzche, Imagineering Machine